Friday, October 28, 2011

Are You Backing Up Your Outlook Data?

Think about all of the data contained within your Outlook program? All of your contacts. All of your appointments. All of your deadlines. Then think how ominous the task of rebuilding all of that data would be, if there was a crash?

I did think about it recently. It made me nervous. Of course we backup our servers. And my Outlook files are part of that backup. But what if just my computer crashed? I imagined it could be quite frustrating and time consuming to complete a backup of my Outlook files from a server backup. These thoughts caused me to go into my Outlook Help folder and type "backup." The search took me to a link for a product called Safe PST Backup. This is a free Outlook backup tool. I have been running it for a few days now, and I am fairly impressed. It has a clean simple user interface, it is backing up my data at the appointed time, and is doing all it has promised. Also, as I mentioned, it is Free!

Admittedly I have not suffered a data failure, so I have not actually restored from Safe PST Backup, and I am not going to crash my system so that I can try it out! However, I do feel safer with this new tool in place.

Please visit hardinglaw.com for more information of Harding & Associates Family Law

No comments:

Solo nets Supreme Court win!

I know this has nothing to do with technology, but I think it is pretty cool. Andrew Simpson is a sole practitioner in the U.S. Virgin Is...