Monday, November 3, 2014

ScanSnap iX500 Scanner

The iX500 - What A Beauty
We are in our second decade of being a paperless law firm. The ability to access documents anytime, anywhere is a huge practice advantage. Staff handle the bulk of the scanning and pdf conversion using a power horse networked scanner/copier.

Once in a while I will want to copy a paper document, or get a piece of paper scanned into our system more expeditiously than our regular, very quick process. But, I don't want to walk down the hall to the copy room to make it happen. This want was particularly distracting a couple of weeks ago when my paralegal was on vacation (how dare her).

That same paralegal has a little ScanSnap scanner on her desk for quickie jobs, and she has always sworn by it. I used it while she was away, and immediately understood her enthusiasm. That got me thinking . . . and not in a dangerous way. I clicked my mouse a couple of times, and ordered ScanSnap's latest release, the iX500. It arrived last week, and I am loving it. Without getting too technical, here's the scoop.

  • Scans in color, black and white, and grayscale
  • Single pass scanning of both sides of the paper
  • 50 page sheet feeder
  • Scanned documents become searchable pdfs
  • Connects to your computer with a USB cable, or over a wi-fi network
The iX500 saves your scanned docs to
  • Your computer
  • Your network
  • Your iPhone
  • Your iPad
  • Your Evernote account
  • Your Dropbox account
  • Your GoogleDocs account
  • Your SugarSynch account
  • Word
  • Excel
  • PowerPoint
It does all of this very quickly (25 pages per minute for normal color mode), error free, and in a small package that measures just 11.5' x 6.2' x 6.6".

This iX500 is AWESOME. I love it. I am addicted to it. Why did I wait so long to get one? Don't believe me? Watch the video below to see how cool it is. Better yet, just buy one. You will be glad you did. MSRP is $495. Street prices are as low as $420.



You can also get more info at the Fujitsu website.

Please visit hardinglaw.com for more information about Harding & Associates Family Law 

#fujitsu #scansnap #scansnapix500 #Harding&AssociatesFamilyLaw #californiafamilylaw #divorce #family law #superlawyers #americanacademyofmatrimoniallawyers #Pleasantondivorce #AlamedaCountyDivorce #ContraCostaCountyDivorce #lawyers

No comments:

Solo nets Supreme Court win!

I know this has nothing to do with technology, but I think it is pretty cool. Andrew Simpson is a sole practitioner in the U.S. Virgin Is...