Welcome

Thank you for visiting the Family Law Lawyer Tech & Practice blog. My name is John Harding. I am a family law lawyer practicing in Northern California. Long ago I realized that I could practice law more effectively and more efficiently (i.e., better and easier) by availing myself of the technological tools that are out there. I also learned that a successful law practice requires successful marketing. Hardware and software working together make me a better lawyer, and make my life easier. Marketing helps to bring in the business necessary for professional survival. By this blog I hope to share the tips, tricks, and technology that I have learned about so that others may benefit!

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Tablet Sales Waaayyyy Down

As reported by USA Today tablet sales are way down, including the iPad.  According to the report: "Fourth quarter and year end tablet shipment figures . . . show that growth has nearly evaporated for the iPad, the iPad mini, and competing Samsung and others."

Let me say that I have always been a huge fan of the tablet platform. I was carrying a Motion Computing slate computer  (as they were called then) more than a decade ago. I have been singing the praises of tablets, and especially the iPad, for years. I still use my iPad frequently. However, I understand why sales are down. My iPad has never fully replaced my Mac Book Pro as my go to road warrior machine.  And now that I have an iPhone 6 Plus I can do everything on my phone that I can do on my iPad. Those are the same causes for the downturn highlighted in the USA Today article.

Are tablets going to disappear anytime soon?  I don't think so. Sales are flat but not gone. And there are millions of units out there. Apps will still proliferate, they are simply going to be written cross-platform for smartphones and tablets.

Please visit hardinglaw.com for more information about Harding & Associates Family Law 

#Harding&AssociatesFamilyLaw #californiafamilylaw #divorce #family law #superlawyers #americanacademyofmatrimoniallawyers #Pleasantondivorce #AlamedaCountyDivorce #ContraCostaCountyDivorce #lawyers

No comments: