Thursday, February 26, 2015

A Solid Portable Printer

I practice out of more than one office.  My home base is in Pleasanton.  My satellite office is in Walnut Creek.  Our Walnut Creek office is within a Pacific Workplaces executive suite. I pay a small monthly fee then I rent a day office by the hour whenever I need it.  It is an affordable alternative to renting full-time space that would only get used a few hours a month.

The day office that I use is clean, nicely furnished, and big enough to not be embarrassing.  However, it is spartan. Simple furniture and a phone. I move in by bringing my laptop so that I can log in remotely to the Pleasanton office.  If any particular meeting is going to require the signing of documents I try to have them done well in advance.

Pacific Workplaces offers an industrial size copier/printer that I can connect my computer to.  Given that the machine is in a different area of the floor that is not always convenient. Instead I bring my own 3-in-1 machine with me, and set it up on  the credenza in the day office.

I recently got to go shopping for a new mobile printer, and found one that I am pretty happy with. The HP OfficeJet 150 is a color printer, scanner, and copy machine.

The best thing about it is its smallish size. At 14 inches by 7 inches by 4 inches it really isn't much bigger than a loaf of bread so it is easy to throw into a brief bag. The 150 has made my office portable. I could see having it with me as part of my trial kit, using it at depos, and at other off-site events. It has a battery (should I ever find myself without a plug). It has Bluetooth wireless. The 150 is a portable printer.

cnet.com


It allows you to scan to your PC, a memory stick, or a memory card. With a 50 page paper tray I have yet to run out of paper. It is an ink jet, but that is not a problem for me.  The print (black and white and color) is crisp and vivid.You may have to shop around a bit but you can find an internet price hovering around $250. That makes the 150 kind of affordable, and a fair enough price for what you get.

Please visit hardinglaw.com for more information about Harding & Associates Family Law 

#Harding&AssociatesFamilyLaw #californiafamilylaw #divorce #family law #superlawyers #portableprinter #americanacademyofmatrimoniallawyers #Pleasantondivorce #AlamedaCountyDivorce #ContraCostaCountyDivorce #lawyers

No comments:

Solo nets Supreme Court win!

I know this has nothing to do with technology, but I think it is pretty cool. Andrew Simpson is a sole practitioner in the U.S. Virgin Is...