Thursday, August 1, 2013

Charging For The Initial Consulation

Almost two years ago I wrote about my practice of charging for an initial consultation -- and how the decision to do so was a very positive change for my practice.  I still do charge for the initial consultation and it has only improved my practice. I also continue to chat with other lawyers about how they handle consultations. Most lawyers that I consider top shelf do charge for consultations, but how much and what they do during the consultation is still quite varied.

Ed Poll is  law practice consultant.  He publishes an excellent blog called Law Biz Blog.  He has recently posted a videocast detailing his thoughts on charging for an initial consultation (and yes, he does think we should charge for it).  Click here to view Ed's thoughts.

Please visit hardinglaw.com for more information about Harding & Associates Family Law #Harding&AssociatesFamilyLaw #californiafamilylaw #divorce #family law #superlawyers #americanacademyofmatrimoniallawyers #Pleasantondivorce #AlamedaCountyDivorce #ContraCostaCountyDivorce #lawyers

No comments:

Solo nets Supreme Court win!

I know this has nothing to do with technology, but I think it is pretty cool. Andrew Simpson is a sole practitioner in the U.S. Virgin Is...