|Da Bear. |
Expert Witness on the issue of napping,
That having been side, I also have a wonderful home office that I use a lot. Being able to get away from my traditional office can be a real refresher. There is also a sense of comfort and satisfaction in being able to work from home in sweats and a t-shirt -- while still being able to be productive. Having the dogs running around can also be very therapeutic.
So, how do I make it work?
Below is a picture of my home office. I think it is pretty nice.
What's really nice about my home office?
- That wall of bookshelves in the back is what makes it. Plenty of storage to keep the space clutter-free. Also pleasing on the eye.
- I have a Google Home device on the shelves to the right (a thank you gift for serving as President of the Northern California Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers) so I can listen to music, check the weather, check traffic, etc.).
- Jazz makes life so much better!
- The windows let in light and fresh air.
- Take a deep breatttthhhhhh....
What's functional about my home office?
- The desk provides a large work surface.
- I love the wood. My wife hates it because I bought it a Cost Plus.
- There is a full-size, all-in-one, wireless printer/scanner/copier on the shelves to the left.
- Can't tell you how many times I have had to print something before leaving for court.
- Make sure you have plenty of extra paper and toner. That stuff tends to run out at the worst times.
- I have a Mac (with its Giant screen) installed on an Ergotron adjustable platform. With it I can have a stand-up computer when I want it, or I can drop it down to desk level.
- Google Wi-Fi allows for connectivity of everything
- So nice not having a web of tangled wires laying around
- At my brick and mortar office we have a VOIP telephone system from 8x8. 8x8 also has a virtual office app for smartphones, and virtual office software you can install on your c computer. I have it installed on my iPhone, my Mac, my Mac Book Pro. With the app I can forward office calls to my iPhone and computers. I can retrieve office voice mails from my other devices. The iPhone connects to the wi-fi network so that spotty cell coverage is a non-issue when making and receiving calls. No one on the other end of a phone call could ever guess I was not in the office.
- Our 8x8 service also includes faxing, although faxes have pretty much gone the way of the Do-Do bird.
- Mac Book Pro. Goes with me everywhere. Sitting on the desk at home it gives me a valuable second computer and monitor. Also gives me a change of scenery if I want to move away from the Mac.
- Actually typing this blog post on it.
- If I want a third computer or a third monitor, out comes the iPad Pro with keyboard.
- Legal pad. Yep, there it is on the desk next to my laptop.
- Still gotta be able to jot things down...
- The Cloud. Our law firm is almost entirely Cloud based. As such, I can work anywhere I have internet. Our Cloud system includes:
- Office 365 for so, so, so much:
- Multiple-platforms means full functionality on desktop computers, laptop computers, iPads, iPhones . . . . Anywhere, and on any device I've got:
- A huge advantage being able to send, retrieve, and index emails from anywhere
- Sharepoint. An online repository for all client files.
- Like taking the office file cabinets with me wherever I go. Again, a huge advantage.
- Rocket Matter
- Simply the best practice management system out there! On every device I have all my contacts, cases, calendars, billing, documents and records. The list goes on and on....
- Skype for direct, real-time communication with office colleagues.
- It's the modern intercom with video.
- And, it is included with our Office 365 subscription.
- LogMeIn. Occasionally I will need to get on my desktop PC at my law office. LogMeIn let's that happen.
Please visit hardinglaw.com for more information about Harding & Associates Family Law #Harding&AssociatesFamilyLaw #californiafamilylaw #divorce #family law #superlawyers #americanacademyofmatrimoniallawyers #Pleasantondivorce #AlamedaCountyDivorce #ContraCostaCountyDivorce #lawyers