Monday, January 19, 2009

Handwritten Notes with Adobe on My Tablet

I am still in love with my Fujitsu tablet convertible laptop! It goes to court with me. It goes to settlement meetings with me. It goes home with me so that I can telecommute. One of the coolest functions of the tablet is the ability to make handwritten notes. That great functionality goes even farther now! Evermap Software has released Autoink, a plug-in for Adobe Acrobat that brings all the pen system sets to life: handwriting recognition, inking, etc.

Great stuff. And at $69 this is a bargain (at least until Adobe gets around to adding this functionality as part of the core features of Acrobat). For those of you who follow this blog with any regularity you will remember that I was reviewing a product called Bluebeam PDF Revu. That software offered the same tablet functionality for pdf docs. I chose not to buy that product because it would have been a replacement for Acrobat. It would have worked just fine, and the $149 price point was reasonable. But I did not want to replace Acrobat. Autoink solves my dilemma.

I've tried Autoink. I love it. I'm buying it. Click here to visit the Autoink website.

Please be sure to visit www.hardinglaw.com, the website for the law firm of Harding & Associates, for more information on California family law.

No comments:

Solo nets Supreme Court win!

I know this has nothing to do with technology, but I think it is pretty cool. Andrew Simpson is a sole practitioner in the U.S. Virgin Is...