Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Chrome Browser for iMac

I use an iMac at home.  I absolutely love it.  So much more reliable and user friendly than the Windows machines at the office.  The one area where I was left longing though was with the web browser.  The Safari browser that came with the computer was adequate, but I felt there must be something better.

I tried Firefox.  Not much improvement.  I tried Opera.  Not much improvement.  In fact, when it came to the look of the screen Firefox and Opera were worse than Safari because the screens did not size proportionately, and there was a lot of overlapping of text and buttons when I enlarged the fonts so that I could read them.

Today I downloaded Google Chrome, and I have found what I was looking for.  Fast launching.  Easy searching.  Clean layout.  The ability to resize the screen and increase the font to readable size, without the screen looking distorted.  I am very happy.

Yes, there is the privacy/security issue.  You need to log in with your Google account to run Chrome.  That means Google gets your user history, and your password, etc., etc.  I am okay with that.  I am sure they already have reams of electronic data on me.  I am not that important that I am looking over my shoulder for Google Secret Agents.  The pleasant user experience has more value to me.  In fact, I am a bit intrigued by how Google is going to customize my user experience. . . .

Learn more about Chrome by clicking here.

Please visit hardinglaw.com for more information about Harding & Associates Family Law 

#Harding&AssociatesFamilyLaw #californiafamilylaw #divorce #family law #superlawyers #americanacademyofmatrimoniallawyers #Pleasantondivorce #AlamedaCountyDivorce #ContraCostaCountyDivorce #lawyers

No comments:

Solo nets Supreme Court win!

I know this has nothing to do with technology, but I think it is pretty cool. Andrew Simpson is a sole practitioner in the U.S. Virgin Is...